A thorough update on Equine Dentistry - November 2022
9 november 2022
Broaden your skills and become more confident in all aspects of equine dentistry! This course provides you with tons of useful background information and practical tips & tricks in an informal atmosphere. Suitable for both new graduates as well as more experienced equine veterinary dentists.
Time and place
9th + 10th of November 2022 (9am-5pm)
Equide - DVM Wouter Demey - Stappersestraat 3 3290 Schaffen (BE)
- This is a course for licensed veterinarians and veterinary students.
- This course is organised under the wings of the Nordic College of Equine Dentistry (NCED). The course will be given by Dr Torbjorn Lundstrom, DVM Stijn Teysen (FNCED) and DVM Wouter Demey (FNCED) at Veterinary practice Equide (Schaffen, Belgium)
- Max nr. of participants is 16 with a minimum of 8.
- Lectures will be given in English.
- Registration: equide.be (direct link here under) or via DVM Wouter Demey firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Course fee: €1295 excl. VAT for 2-day course including all breaks & lunch + dinner Wednesday evening. Veterinary students or new graduates (2021-22) get 10% discount.
Important information related to Covid-19
Due to the current pandemic we have limited the maximum number of participants. We will follow every official guidline by the governement. In case participants have to go into quarantine or travel restrictions are applicable, a full refund will be given. Payment of the registration fee is only due on September 5th when Covid-19 regulations allow us to organise the course.
Please register yourself as soon as possible if you want to attend this course as places are very limited (webshop (direct link here above) or email@example.com).
- Evolution of the horse and the horse's dentition - applied embryology and anatomy
- Oral examination - techniques and equipment
- Occlusion and common occlusal patterns in the equine
- Oral pathology - Part 1
- Bitfitting - What the *bleep* do we know
- Interactive case discussions: participants are encouraged to send in cases.
- Oral pathology - Part 2 - update on diastemata and periodontitis
- Oral pathology - Part 3 - update on apical infections and treatment options
- Basic X-Ray-projections and interpretation - How to make diagnostic set of X-Rays
- The power of odontoplasty - how to float horse's teeth
- Rotating wetlab: Case presentations, X-Rays, work-up case
- Summing-up and end of course
Participants are encouraged to send in relevant questions or documented cases prior to the course (1st of November).
For more information feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com